PRV11 – Private Athens Cooking Lesson & Dinner
Duration: 3 hours approx.
Meeting point: You will meet your cooking instructor at Hill Athens, 27 Apostolou Pavlou str. 11851 Athens. Apostolou Pavlou street starts from Thissio metro station, with direction towards the southern side of the Acropolis.
- English Speaking Cooking instructor
- Meal preparation incl. Ingredients
- Treats and appetizers during cooking
- Beverages as follows: one glass of Raki, one glass of wine or one glass of beer or one soft drink
- A four course meal
- Hotel pick up and drop off (unless agreed)
- Beverages other than the ones specified in inclusions
- Gratuities (gratuity rates in Greece are around 10% of service cost)
Discover the local culture through gastronomy! You will learn how to cook traditional Greek dishes with the aid of an experienced Cooking instructor and the complicity of a small group
Get to know the wonderful world of Mediterranean cuisine; the herbs, the fresh vegetables, the choice meats that we always use and learn the basics on how to prepare a full Greek Sunday dinner with easy to follow recipes you can use to impress your guests when you get back home.
And the best part at the end of the course, after you have successfully prepared a meal fit for a king under the constant guidance of your cooking instructor, is enjoying the meal you have helped to prepare with a glass of wine.
Menus will vary according to season and available fresh produces in local markets, but they usually consist of 3-4 starters-salads, a main course and dessert.
Our guides will knowledgeably lead you through a food stroll and introduce you to small, hidden specialty food shops. They will provide valuable insight both on the unique and intricate culinary heritage of Greece as well as the famous Mediterranean diet, hailed today as a model of healthy living.
BLOCK OUT DATES
• January 1st - New Year’s Day
• January 2nd
• March 2 - Shrove Monday
• March 25th - National Holiday
• April 30th - Greek Orthodox Good Friday
• May 01 - Labour day
• May 02 - Greek Orthodox Easter Sunday
• Αugust 14th
• Αugust 15th - Assumption of Virgin Mary
• October 28th- National Holiday
• December 24th - Christmas Eve
• December 25th & 26th - Christmas
• December 31st - New Year Eve